Eleaf Aster RT With Melo RT 22 Tank Intro:
The Aster RT with Melo RT 22 tank is a technologically advanced starter kit that has just been added to the already great selection of Eleaf Starter Kits. Recessed Tank or RT style tanks, that are otherwise commonly known as side-by-side mods, are actually mods that act both as mods with pre-installed firmware as well as protective cases. The Melo RT 22 tank is kind of encaged, protected and therefore kind of hidden, both for protection as well as for aesthetic reasons.
In this case, the Aster RT can hold tanks of up to 22mm diameter. Eleaf has paired it with the Melo RT 22 tank which has not only been specifically designed to fit perfectly in the mod, but it also carries an e-liquid capacity of 3.8ml.
The Aster RT features a huge battery capacity of 4400mAh and an output wattage of up to 100W. It supports different output modes such as VW, Bypass, Smart and TC. Resistance in VW mode ranges from 0.1 to 3.5 Ohm and temperature range is between 100°C – 315°C in TC mode.
Along with other Eleaf devices that feature all the latest updates in technology, such as the Eleaf Pico and the Pico Mega, the Eleaf Aster features a preheat function that allows for the coil to be heated up at a higher wattage very quickly. It also has upgradeable firmware so that you can always make sure your device is not left behind in newest updates, the latter feature we have already seen in the Pico TC 75W and the Pico Mega.
Finally, one of the most innovative features here is the retractable window on the Melo RT 22 that can be drawn in and out so that you can fill the tank with e-liquid.
Eleaf Aster RT Mod
The Eleaf Aster RT mod is a mod with a length of only 95.3mm that sits comfortably on the hand. Its shape is kind of rectangular with curved edges for a comfortable grip. I would neither describe its shape as particularly flattering nor as bad, I find that its ergonomics and practical nature play a greater role and this should suffice. The Aster RT is available in black, green, silver, grey and white colours.
All the main functions of the Aster RT are located on the front side: the LED Screen, the micro USB port, the plus and minus buttons and the power button. There is even a reset function which you can use in case that after an upgrade, the device does not power on. The battery cover is at the bottom of the mod.
Eleaf Melo RT 22 Tank
The Melo RT 22 tank has 3.8ml e-liquid capacity, 61mm length, 22mm diameter tank and fits perfectly inside the space of the Aster allocated for it. You can also use any other tank that is up to 22mm, but make sure it does not have any protruding ends. The tank is perfectly encased in the mod and it is only the mouthpiece and a tiny bit of the glass part of the tank that protrudes, making it perfectly protected from breakage.
The Melo RT 22 features the brand new retractable top solution, a sliding ‘drawer’ on the top cap that reveals a small part of the tank so when you pull it, you can fill with e-liquid from the top. This new technology has been thought as an alternative and more convenient way than unscrewing the top cap. Finally, each part of the tank can be disassembled, making cleaning and maintenance a breeze.
- 1 Aster RT
- 1 Melo RT 22 (with ER 0.3 Ohm head included)
- 1 ER 0.3 Ohm
- 2 Seal Rings
- 1 Usb Cable
- 1 User Manual for the Aster RT
- 1 User Manual for the Melo RT 22
The Aster RT Specs
- Frame colour is available in black, green, silver, white, grey
- Size: 50.6mm * 40mm * 95.3 mm
- Battery Capacity: 4400mAh
- Maximum battery wattage of 100W
- Rated output wattage 1W- 100W
- Maxiumum charging current: 1A
- Maximum output current: 25A
- Temperature control feature: temperature range is 100°C – 315°C (200°F – 600°C) (TC modes)
- Output mode: VW / Bypass / Smart /TC (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR-M1, M2,M3 mode)
- Resistance range in Temperature Control modes: 0.05-1.5 Ohm
- Resistance range in Variable Wattage modes: 0.1-3.5 Ohm
- Cell balancing trickle charge system
- Three available interfaces for the screen: Voltage Interface, Second Interface and Puff Interface.
- Airflow control feature
- Battery safety features for overcharging, over-current and over-discharging.
The Melo RT 22 Specs
- Length: 61mm
- Diameter: 22mm
- 510 Thread
- Colour: silver, black
- Top e-liquid fill with retractable system
- Tank e-liquid capacity: 3.8ml
- Stainless steel mouthpiece, top cap, glass atomizer tube, EC head and atomizer base that can be detached from each other and easily cleaned
- Two (2) seal rings
- 0.3 Ohm coil
Aster RT Mod Innovations and Features
- The Eleaf Aster RT features a preheat function with which the coil can be heated up at a higher wattage very quickly.
- The Aster RT has upgradeable firmware. This means that through the USB port and using a USB cable, you can connect the mod with your pc and if Eleaf decides to upgrade a feature, then you can upgrade directly to your device.
- The Aster RT has a reset function which allows you to reset the device in case it does not power on properly after an upgrade.
- The Aster RT has an all new, custom logo function.
- Airflow control function is facilitated by a knurled surface which makes it very easy to turn the airflow control ring.
- The Melo RT features a retractable system which allows to fill e-liquid from top very easily.
Interfaces Of The Aster RT
By interface, we actually mean that the screen of the Eleaf Aster offers 3 different ways of reading the screen settings, allowing you to use the one that you are more accustomed to:
- Voltage Interface: Allows you to read resistance, voltage and wattage.
- Second Interface: Allows you to read resistance, wattage and total vaping seconds.
- Puff Interface: Allows you to read resistance, wattage and total number of puffs.
Aster RT Functions
All the functional buttons in the Aster RT are located on the front side of the device, making its use very easy and straightforward. Temperature control is available along with a 3-memory feature to offer maximum personalization. With this, you can set by yourself the TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance, memories are displayed with M1, M2, M3 symbols respectively). You can use the Aster in a Variable Wattage, Bypass, Smart and Temperature Control mode.
Before using, you should always prime the coil by dropping a few drops of e-liquid directly onto the coil and letting it sit aside for a while so it can absorb the e-juice. To turn the device on and off, press the power button quickly five times. You can rotate the display screen 180 degrees to read from left to right and left to right, depending on what is more convenient for you, by pressing the plus and minus buttons simultaneously for two seconds, when the device is off.
- It is an advanced device most suitable for intermediate, advanced but also relatively new users.
- Compact and ergonomic
- Suitable for vaping up to 100W
- Provides a great vape both in terms of flavour as well as in terms of clouds
- New, very convenient e-liquid filling system facilitates the process
- Full vaping control with advanced features such as TC
- Incredible battery that will provide a long time of vaping without charging
- Upgradeable firmware
- Consistent, impressive performance
- Mod shape acts as a protective shell for the glass tank
- Can fit either the Melo RT 22, or other tanks with 22mm diameter maximum and no protruding parts
Melo RT 22
- Glass tube is encaged in the shell of the Aster RT and therefore, protected
- All parts of the tank can be easily disassembled
- Great e-liquid capacity
- No spare tube glass included
The Aster RT with Melo RT 22 is a high powered starter kit that can be used up to 100W. Although we did not vape up to the maximum output, we started on 30W and vaped up to 80W. Flavour was awesome and we did not experience any dry hits or other problems regarding how the device works. No leaking issues and clouds were amazing.
The Eleaf Aster RT with Melo RT 22 is a brand new starter kit. However, for the range of options this device gives to a vaper, its price is truly a value for money.
We scoured the web to find the best price available and we found that you can buy it for $53.16 at 180SMOKE.COM. Use our discount code: ECIGTOPIA at check out and save $5. Remember when you create your account to tick the “Create Account” box, so you can apply the discount code when you proceed to check out.
The Eleaf Aster RT with Melo RT 22 tank is an advanced ‘Recessed Tank’ mod that acts as a protective shelter for the tank. It is perfect for vapers who want to have the option of vaping at high power going up to 100 Watts. Another reason why one should choose it is its remarkable battery life which will last for a couple of days, because of its 4400mAh battery capacity. Paired with the new Melo RT 22 tank which has an e-liquid capacity of 3.8ml, the Eleaf Aster RT kit is the perfect tool for users who seek more from their device.