Eleaf IStick Pico Mega Review:
Today we will walk you through our Eleaf IStick Pico Mega Review.
Only a while back I was reviewing the iStick 60W and the iStick Pico Kit which has become one of my favourites, due to its small size, mega-watt capacity which reaches up to 75W and the incredible performance, both in terms of flavour and vapour. So, it was only natural that when I found out that Eleaf was releasing another kit in the same family, the IStick Pico Mega which is paired with the Melo III tank, I was super excited to find out how it compares to its predecessor.
Eleaf Pico Mega Features
The Pico Mega is essentially a box mod that can accommodate two types of batteries: A 18650 or a 26650 battery, the latter of which will drastically improve the battery lifespan before charging. The mod can produce a maximum wattage output of 80W. Also, a few new features have been added, some of which simplify the use of the Pico, while others are just cool. For example, the Pico Mega features a simpler interface for the variable wattage mode, a Smart Mode which saves on memory a power value which goes with a resistance value and can save up to 10 different such sets. A custom logo option is available as well to personalize your mod.
Again, it is impressive how Eleaf has managed such a level of sophistication: the temperature control features Ni200 Nickel, Stainless Steel and Titanium heating elements. The wattage range is from 1 to 80W, while the resistance that can be used is from 0.1 Ohm to 3.5 Ohm. Finally, the temperature control mode has a 3-memory feature to offer maximum personalization. The Pico Mega is paired and sold as a kit with the Melo III tank, which features an excellent e-liquid capacity of 4ml. However, if you own the Pico Mega and want to use a different tank, you can do so with any tank, like the Kanger Nano or the Aspire Cleito.
Eleaf IStick Pico Mega and Pico Differences
I am sure that many of you will pose the question why should you buy the Pico Mega instead of the Pico or the opposite. In short, what are the differences between the two kits.
Briefly, the differences are not too many. The Pico Mega is a bit updated version of the original Pico, but if you own the latter, it is a great device on its own. I will refer to the main differences to help you make up your mind:
- The Pico Mega has 80W maximum wattage output while the original Pico has a 75W maximum wattage output: Five Watts is not as much to make a significant difference. Have in mind though that the 80W output is achieved with the Mega only with a high-rated 26650 battery. Otherwise, with the 18650 battery the wattage output is the same as with the original Pico.
- The Pico Mega can offer a greater battery life when you use the 26650 battery.
- The Pico Mega kit has a height of 138,5mm (mod is 73.5mm and tank is 65mm) while the Pico Original has a height of 125,5mm (mod is 70.5mm and tank is 55mm).
- The Pico Mega is sold as a kit with the Eleaf Melo III tank of 4ml e-liquid capacity, while the Pico Original is sold as a kit with the Eleaf Melo III mini tank of 2ml. However, a you can use the tank of your option between the two or any other tank.
- The Pico Mega is thicker and wider than the Pico original by almost 8mm on each side.
- The Pico Mega comes with one extra coil head that is of 0.25 Ohm.
- The Pico Mega comes with the extra features of Smart mode and Custom Logo.
- The Pico Mega has a larger OLED screen than the Pico that makes reading of settings a breeze.
Similarities Between The Pico Mega and The Pico
Apart from having a few differences, they two mod kits share quite many similarities.
- The box mods are cross-compatible with both the Melo III and the Melo III Mini tank, as well as other 510 thread tanks.
- The tanks have the same top e-liquid and you only have to remove the top cap of the tank, in order to refill.
- Both mods are firmware upgradeable.
- Plus and minus buttons are located on the bottom of the device.
- They have an advanced level of control which regards temperature control, voltage and wattage.
- Both tanks have an invisible airflow control system.
Pico Mega 80W TC Kit
- 1 Eleaf Istick Pico Mega 75W TC Mod – no battery is included
- 1 EC 0.3 Ohm Coil Head
- 1 EC 0.5 Ohm Coil Head
- 1 EC 0.25 Ohm Coil Head
- 4 Seal Rings
- 1 Usb charging cable
- 1 MELO III tank
- 1 User Manual for the IStick Pico Mega
- 1 User Manual for the MELO III tank
Pico Mega Specs
- Frame colour is available in white, silver, hot pink, grey and black
- Size: 53.5mm * 30.5mm * 70.5mm
- Shape is that of a teardrop when looking from top
- Cell type: High-rate 18650 cell (continuous discharge current should be above 25A) and high-rate 26650 cell (continuous discharge current should be above 35A)
- Maximum battery wattage of 80W
- Rated output wattage 1W- 80W
- 510 thread
- Output mode: Smart, VW, Bypass, TC (Ni, Ti, SS, TCR-M1, M2,M3 mode)
- Temperature range in TC mode: 100°C – 315°C (200°F – 600°C)
- Bottom USB port
- Coil resistance in temperature control mode: 0.05-1.5 Ohm
- Coil resistance in variable wattage / bypass mode: 0.1-3.5 Ohm
- Ventilation holes at the bottom for better heat dissipation
Melo III Specs
- Main material is 304 Stainless Steel
- Length: 55mm
- Diameter: 22mm
- Height: 65mm
- Glass tube, silver colour
- Glass tube not protected / caged
- Top e-liquid filling
- Tank e-liquid capacity: 4ml
- Stainless steel mouthpiece, top cap, atomizer tube (glass tube and air pipe), EC head and atomizer base that can be detached from each other and easily cleaned
- Tank airflow control is ‘hidden’ yet can be easily used
- Four (4) seal rings
- 0.3 Ohm coil
- 0.5 Ohm coil
- 0.25 Ohm NC (Notch Coil)
The battery housing compartment is the same as the one in the original Pico. The battery is protruding a bit from the atomizer, i.e. it is longer than the atomizer, but this does not pose any aesthetical or practical problem. The battery is protected by a magnetic battery cover which facilitates the changing of battery cell. Of course, Eleaf has included all the usual protection features for the battery.
Upgradeable firmware in the newest Eleaf models gives you the chance to keep your device in pace with all the features that Eleaf decides to upgrade. Whether you have Mac or Windows, you can do so by only connecting the box mod with your pc, via the USB port.
The Screen and Functional Buttons
The IStick Pico Mega features a good-sized screen which is bright and therefore, it is very easy to read settings. It is just a bit bigger in size than the one of the original Pico and the Eleaf IStick 60W. The buttons are larger and the USB port and plus – minus buttons are located at the bottom. The functions work in the same way as in the Pico.
- Nice design and still comfortable to the grip
- Suitable for new, intermediate and advanced users
- Advanced features
- Screen is even better – a bit larger – than in the original Pico
- Comes in different colours
- Consistent performance
- Amazing vapour, big clouds and incredible flavour
- Firmware is upgradeable
- Comes as a kit with the Melo III, which offers a great e-liquid capacity
- Larger than the iStick Pico original
- Does only reach up to 80W, compared to the original which was a 75W and only when a 26650 battery is used
You will need to find a suitable 26650 battery to fit the device as not all have the same length, but this is not much of an issue, there are some 26650 good batteries out there.
Melo III Tank
- Easy to disassemble
- Great taste
- Very good e-liquid capacity of 4ml
- Can also be used with the original iStick Pico model
- It is very easy to fill with e-liquid
- No spare tube glass included
The price of the Eleaf IStick Pico Mega starter kit varies from $35 – $65. We have scanned the internet to find the best deal for you. You can buy the Pico Mega kit for $34.51 at CIGABUY.COM using our links below.
The Eleaf iStick Pico Mega is an updated version of the widely acclaimed original Pico. It has some extra features and can be used with both 18650 and 26650 batteries, the latter of which will improve the battery life. It is a bit bigger than the original Pico which is possibly one of the smallest single battery device on the market, but although it feels solid, it is still quite compact to carry around. It comes with the Melo III tank which features a very satisfying e-liquid capacity of 4ml. The Melo III tank and the Melo III mini tank, the latter of which is sold as a kit with the original Pico, are interchangeable with each other. Not all 26650 batteries come in the same length, but you can find a trustful one and use on your Pico Mega to elongate battery life and reach the power of 80 Watts. The device performance will not let you down, as with the original model, this is a device to count on that will go the distance.