SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast Tank Review:
In our today’s post, we’ll walk you through our SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast tank review, a sub ohm tank that combines great power, quality and portability.
Following the enormous success of the SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast, a tank that fully deserves its name because of the immense, unparalleled clouds it provides and the wattage range it can go up to, that reaches up to 260 Watts, SMOK has come to release another great tank in its family of products, the SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast.
With the Baby Beast, you will still get immense vapour clouds, but the wattage range supported goes up to 130W, while the recommended maximum for the tank to fully unleash its potential is 90 Watts. You still get the octuple coils which are also available for the original TFV8 and this is why the Baby Beast is still called a TFV8 tank.
Baby Beast Features
While the Cloud Beast was mostly suitable for extreme vaping and therefore experienced users, the Baby Beast is best when used in the range of 40-70 Watts and targets towards a wider range of vapers who should however, have a good understanding of how it works. The Baby Beast does seem to come with an optional RBA head, however, due to poor quality control, it seems that some vendors have this option while others do not.
Regarding e-liquid capacity, it features an average 3ml tank, however, vaping in lower wattages, it will not go through e-liquid as quickly as it did with the original TFV8. Diameter of the tank is 22mm and will therefore sit well on top of most devices. Finally, the height of the tank is 53mm, about 20% less than the height of the TFV8 whose height was 69mm.
The Baby and The Big Baby
SMOK also released another version of the Baby Beast, the Big Baby Beast, which features a 5ml tank, but it is still quite smaller in size than the Cloud Beast and performs up to 130W, while optimal suggested wattage is up to 90W (it uses the same coils as the Baby Beast).
It seems like the Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast are smaller versions of the original TFV8 that share some of the same features. They will, therefore, appeal to a different target group than the original, mostly vapers who love power and huge clouds but also prefer a more compact style tank. However, the Baby Beast features, reminisce the ones of the SMOK TFV4, the first version of tanks released by SMOK, in the family of tanks that can produce huge clouds. So, what are the differences between the four devices? Which one should you go for if you are in the quest of a great tank with a big potential? Below, I have compiled a list of the main differences between the four tanks to help you decide which one is the best for you.
Differences Between The Smok Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast, TFV8 and TFV4
- Power: With the SMOK TFV4 you can vape up to 180W, as recommended by SMOK, while with the SMOK TFV8 you can vape up to 260W. You can achieve these wattages with the patented SMOK quadruple coil or the SMOK octuple coil respectively. With the Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast you can reach wattages up to 130W.
- E-liquid Capacity: The SMOK TFV8 features a 6ml e-liquid capacity while the TFV4 features a 5ml capacity. The Baby Beast has a 3ml capacity and the Big Baby Beast has a 5ml capacity.
- Airflow Control: The TFV4 features four large air slots on the base and four on the drip tip, while the TFV8 features two larger air slots at the bottom of the tank that produce a whopping 18% greater airflow. The Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast are redesigned in the bottom airflow section bringing an extremely open draw but still feature two large airflow holes.
- Dimensions: The TFV8 has a diameter of 25.5mm maximum (glass diameter), the TFV4 has 24.5mm, the Big Baby Beast has 24.5mm and the Baby Beast has 22.5mm. The TFV8 has a height of 69 mm, the TFV4 has 73.5mm, the Big Baby Beast has 56mm and the Baby Beast has 53mm.
- Coils: The TFV4 uses patented quadruple coils while the TFV8 range features octuple coils.
- RBA: While the TFV4 and the TFV8 feature an RBA for those interested in building their own coils, the Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast feature an optional RBA head which seems to be included by some vendors and not by others.
- Refilling Hole: The e-liquid refill hole in the TFV8 is larger than that in the TFV4, making the filling of e-liquid even easier. The fill port size on the Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast is increased a bit more.
- Air Chamber: The central air chamber in the TFV8 is larger than that in the TFV4 and so is the one in the Baby Beast models compared to the original TFV8.
- Flavour: Flavour is much improved and really pronounced, especially compared to the TFV4.
Similarities Between The Smok Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast, TFV8 and TFV4
- All of them feature the same easy top-refilling system with sliding top.
- All the kits include a replacement glass and spare parts.
- All of them are suitable for cloud chasing.
Smok TFV8 Baby Beast Kit
- (1) TFV8 Baby Beast tank
- (1) V8 Baby Q2 Core pre-installed (0.4 Ohm dual coils)
- (1) V8 Baby T8 Core 0.15 Ohm octuple coil
- (1) Replacement Glass Tube
- (1) User Manual
- Spare Parts
Baby Beast Specs
- Tank e-liquid capacity: 3 ml
- Weight: 47gr
- Tank dimensions: 22 mm glass diameter, 53 mm height
- Tank made of stainless steel and high quality glass
- Features Baby Turbo Engines coil structure for maximum performance
- 0.4 Ohm V8 Baby – Q2 Core Dual coil (included): rated for 30-80W (recommended is 55-65W)
- 0.15 Ohm V8 Baby – T8 Core Octuple coil (included): rated for 50-110W (recommended is 60-80W)
- 0.6 Ohm Dual Coils V8 Baby Q2 (optional): rated for 20-50W (recommended is 30-40W)
- 0.3 Ohm Dual Coils V8 Baby M2 (optional): rated for 25-45W (recommended is 35W)
- 0.2 Ohm V8 Baby – T6 Sextuple coil (optional): rated for 40-140W (recommended is 70-90W)
- 0.15 Ohm V8 Baby (optional) – X4 Core Quadruple coil: rated for 30-70W (recommended is 45-60W)
- V8 Baby RBA (optional): 0.35 Ohm Dual Coils, rated for 30-60W, recommended 50W
- 510 connection
- Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
- Top-fill design with hinge-lock
- Colours: Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Black, Gold, Blue, Rainbow, Red, Green
- Improved adjustable airflow system on base with two large air slots
- Easy top refill system through hinged design
Easy Top Filling Design
The SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast and TFV8 Big Baby Beast feature the same top-filling system as the original tank, a feature that makes filling very easy. The new tanks feature a slightly larger hole for refilling. As before, the system works with a sliding mechanism, there is no need to take any top-part off. To fill with e-liquid, while you are holding the tank with the one hand, use your other one to press the top cap and turn it counter-clockwise. Add the e-liquid on the dedicated hole while paying special attention not to pour any e-liquid into the central airflow hole, as this will result to leakage. Close back the cap carefully and let the coils prime with e-liquid for a while (5-10 minutes).
Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast Pros and Cons
- Both produce a nice open draw and a comfortable vape.
- Big clouds and big flavour, two of the best in the market in that spectrum for their size.
- Great to carry around, portable in size and weight.
- If e-liquid capacity is a matter, you have the option to choose between the Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast.
- Suitable for the average user regarding wattage range.
- You can get them in a great price.
- Coils between the Baby Beast and the Big Baby Beast are interchangeable.
- No leaking.
- Coils do not last long.
- Because of the larger size of the coils, e-liquid is still consumed quickly.
The SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast tanks are generally available for a fraction of the price of the TFV8 and TFV4. However, the latter two come with an RBA while the Baby Beast has it optionally and adding it will increase the price. You can buy the Baby Beast at around $20, depending on the color, at Gearbest.com. They often have flash sales and you can get it at an even better price.
The flavour is of the Baby Beast is impressive and the cloud production is very good without being overbearing, while both tanks are portable and easy to use, especially the Baby Beast which features 3ml capacity. The Baby fits very well on most mods and can use a wide range of coils. The top-filling provides a very user friendly experience and the large hole ensures you will never miss your target! If you are looking for power, flavour and ease of use, wrapped up in a compact style tank, then the Baby Beast might be a great option for you. Thank you for reading our SMOK Baby Beast review. For any comments or questions you might have, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you.