SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Sub Ohm Tank Review:
Finally, after a lot of anticipation and waiting, our SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast sub ohm tank review is here.
With the release of the SMOK TFV4, Smoktech has rightfully earned itself a reputation as one of the best companies regarding the production of sub ohm tanks with huge potential as far as vapour clouds and performance are concerned. The SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast with its Octuple Coil Head can support wattages that reach up to 260 Watts!!
As is implied by the description on its box, the TFV8 is compared to the volcano Vesuvius, one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world because of its insidious nature, appearing calm but being able to erupt violently and explosively, while the earth trembles. Such is the power of the TFV8, a real cloud beast, which brings an outstanding power able to shock and please even the most experienced users.
SMOK TFV8 Improvements
If the TFV4 had a huge potential of reaching up to 180W, the TFV8 is the ultimate tool for extreme vaping, with coils that can bring up to 260W. It is compatible with a range of coils which SMOK labels as V8 coils, as it features a patented octuple coil. The coil heads of the TFV8 are huge and you have the option of using 4, 6 or 8 coils inside (quadruple, sextuple and octuple). No matter how many coils you choose to use you can be sure that your e-liquid will vanish before you say ‘vape’!!
Quite a few important things have changed here to bring the best out of this extreme performance. The airflow control has improved featuring two large air slots at the bottom that add a whopping 18% increase in airflow. The TFV8 is larger in size and the e-liquid capacity is 6ml which is necessary for the very frequent refills you shall need.
Differences between SMOK TFV8 and TFV4
If you already own the TFV4 or are between the two and do not know which one to choose, you will be wondering what exactly the differences and similarities between the two tanks are, so I have compiled them on a list:
- Power: With the SMOK TFV4 you can vape up to 180W – as recommended by SMOK, while with the SMOK TFV8 you can vape up to 300W.
- E-liquid Capacity: The SMOK TFV8 features a 6ml e-liquid capacity while the TFV4 features a 5ml capacity.
- Airflow Control: The TFV4 featured four large air slots on the base and four on the drip tip, while the TFV8 features two larger air slots at the bottom of the tank that produce a whopping 18% greater airflow.
- Refill Hole: The e-liquid refill hole in the TFV8 is larger than that in the TFV4, making the filling of e-liquid even easier.
- Air Chamber: The central air chamber in the TFV8 is larger than that in the TFV4, producing even greater clouds.
Dimensions: The TFV8 has a diameter of 25.5mm maximum (glass diameter) while the TFV4 has 24.5mm. Its height is 69 mm while the TFV4 has a height of 73.5mm. The central air tube diameter is also larger in the new model by 15% while its area is larger by 30% for providing greater airflow efficiency.
Similarities Between SMOK TFV8 and TFV4
- Both tanks can be used with a wide range of pre-made coils as well as an RBA for those interested in building their own coils.
- The kit contents are similar for the two tanks; both include a replacement glass tube and spare parts.
Both tanks feature a top-refilling system with sliding top that makes filling of e-liquid a breeze.
SMOK TFV8 Full Kit
- (1) TFV8 Cloud Beast tank
- (1) V8-T8 Octuple Coil Head (0.15 Ohm)
- (1) V8-Q4 Octuple Coil Head (0.15 Ohm)
- (1) V8 Exclusive Turbo RBA Head (0.28 Ohm)
- (1) 510 RDA Drip tip Adapter
- (1) Replacement Glass Tube
- (1) User Manual
- Spare Parts
- (2) Vapour bands
- (1) pure organic Cotton
- (1) Sealing Pad
- (2) spare O’rings
SMOK TFV8 Specs
- Tank e-liquid capacity: 6 ml (with T8-Q4) and 5.5ml (with T8-V8)
- Weight: 74gr
- Tank dimensions: 25.5 mm glass diameter / 24.5mm tank diameter, 69mm height
- Tank made of stainless steel and high quality glass for maximum taste
- Colours: Purple, Red, Green, 7-color, Black, Gunmetal, Stainless, Gold, Blue
- Improved adjustable airflow system on base with two large air slots
- Maximum heat-proof ultra wide-bore Delrin drip tip
- Easy top refill system through hinged design
- 510 thread
- Compatible with the following coil heads
- V8-T10: Kanthal Clapton coil material, 12 Ohm, decuple coils, 50W-300W (best 130-190W), Turbo: 10T
- V8-T8: 0.15 Ohm, Patented Octuple Coil, 50W-260W (best 120-180W), Turbo: 6.6T, suitable for deep and rich cloud taste
- V8-T6: 0.2 Ohm, Patented Sextuple Coil, 50W-240W (best 110-150W), Turbo: 6T, suitable for deep and rich cloud taste while remaining cool and smooth
- V8-Q4: 0.15 Ohm, Patented Quadruple Coil Head, , 50W-180W (best 90-150W), Turbo: 5T, brings smooth and silky taste like hookah
- V8-RBA: 0.28 Ohm, Clapton Dual Coils, 50W-140W, Turbo: 4.0T-X, Pre-installed: Patented Fused, 18mm large deck suitable for all types of materials wire, brings a unique vaping experience
- V8-RBA-16: 0.16 Ohm, Octuple Core Fused Clapton, 40W-100W (best 80W), huge deck and airflow, suitable for all Clapton Coils
- V8-X4: 0.15 Ohm, Quadruple Core, Double-barrelled pistol design, Cloud and Flavour balance core, 60W-150W (best 80-120W.
Easy Top Filling Design
The SMOK TFV8 features a top-filling system that makes filling of e-liquid even easier than what it was on the TFV4, due to the size increase of the refill hole. As before, the system works with a sliding mechanism. In order to fill with e-liquid, while you are holding the tank with one hand, use your other one to press the top cap and turn it counter-clockwise. Add the e-liquid on the dedicated hole while paying special attention not to pour any e-liquid into the central airflow hole, as this will result to leakage. Close back the cap carefully and let the coils prime with e-liquid for a while.
Vapour production is obviously much greater than that of the TFV4, and so is the flavour. The TFV4 was nice in terms of flavour when reaching out 80-90 Watts, but here we notice a quite obvious upgrade in taste when going up in the wattages we used. E-liquid is consumed like crazy, you can literally go through a 30ml bottle if you vape a lot and heavily. Also, you should get a spare set of batteries. Vaping on higher wattages will drain your batteries in a short while.
The TFV4 is literally a cloud machine that will leave you with the mouth open with its performance. Vaping with the octuple coil with wattage reaching up to 170W, which was the most I could go, the whole room was filled with big clouds and the vape was very warm but not overbearing. I guess that if I had continued vaping in such wattage it would get even warmer. The vape was much preferable for me at around 120-140 Watts which I settled to eventually. I then gave the TFV8 to my friend who used the Kooper Primus 300W to vape up to 190W, where the clouds were truly unbelievable. However, if you are an extreme vaper who are after very big clouds, teaming your tank with a suitable mod is definitely a prerequisite if you want to get the maximum out of your TFV8.
You can even vape with 70W, where you will get big clouds and a very cool but this is not what this tank was made for. It is for vapers who are after huge clouds. Make sure therefore you team your tank with a compatible mod and enjoy your vaping. The RBA section is excellent, one of the best I have ever used and can give you great combinations.
Finally, a word of advice. If you want to make the most out of your tank, buy your usual e-liquid in much lesser nicotine levels, for example 3mg or. This will truly let the flavour release, and make the throat hits smoother when going up at around 200 Watts.
My tank leaked a bit in the beginning but I realized that I had not lined all the threads perfectly. After fixing this problem and making sure that all seals are proper, I did not experience any more problems. In some cases, I noticed some small leakage after filling with e-liquid and maybe this was my fault as sometimes I overfilled the TFV8. Finally, make sure that you have closed the airflow completely when filling with e-liquid. If you are vaping on RBA make sure you have screwed properly the bottom of the coil. Other than this, the Cloud Beast works great, doesn’t leak if all the connections are properly sealed and it is a monster of performance.
- RBA deck
- Extraordinary clouds
- Can handle extreme wattages up to 260W
- Flavour is much improved and vape is airier compared to its predecessor
- Unique huge octuple coil heads enhance performance
- Device performs extremely well both in extremely high wattages as well as in lower wattages (but above 80Watts for best performance)
- RBA deck is very easy to build due to its large surface
- Amazing tank airflow through huge airflow holes in bottom and enlarged diameter of central tube
- Kit includes everything you shall need, including a replacement glass tube and protective bands
- Easy to use top-fill system
- Huge coil head leads to crazy e-liquid consumption
- Prepare to be charging your batteries very often
You can buy the SMOK TFV8 for U.S. and U.K. or international, by visiting our links below for the price of $34.99. Get an extra 10% discount using our discount code: ECIGTOPIA at check out.
The SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast is literally a beast that can work at up to 260 Watts, while 180 Watts is the suggested maximum to get the most out of its performance. It features two different coil heads and one RBA coil head and it is one of the best sub ohm tanks on the market for cloud chasers. Clouds here are not just big, they are huge and the Cloud Beast manages to sustain a perfect balance between high power and performance, including handling of high temperatures rising.
Flavour is also more pronounced in the TFV8 compared to the TFV4. However, make sure you follow our set of advice and you should enjoy a perfect vape. Expect a quick consumption of e-liquid and battery, as would happen with any tank powerful as it is the Cloud Beast. Overall, the SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast is the perfect tool for producing extraordinary clouds and if you are a cloud chaser yourself, then you’ve just found your perfect match.