Whether you are a vaping enthusiast already or you have just switched into vaping, one thing is for sure. You are in the quest of the best tank around, be it for casual everyday or occasional use. Finding an all-round tank is not an easy task, because there are many different factors you should take under consideration. Flavour, performance, coil longevity, price and e-liquid capacity are some of the most important factors. It is rare to find a tank that will satisfy all requirements. It might be great but expensive, kit might lack some basic spare parts which are however important to you, coils might die after only a few days and so on. And then, there are other problems arising. Just as you thought you have found a great tank, problems such as leaking might arise. In the end, it is up to the vaper to decide, based on recommendations, which tank meets most of his personal requirements.
Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Review
Sometimes, users can be impressed by a product from a relatively unknown company and disappointed by releases by well-known companies. Such is the case of the Uwell Crown tank: a tank from a new company, the company’s first tank and yet it is one that has already been crowned one of the best tanks. Before going on with my review, I will explain why in a few words: its flavour is simply out of this world, on par with another top tank, the Freemax Starre.
Performance in high wattages is great. Coil longevity is impressive, the coils are possibly some of the most long-lasting in the market right now and this has to do with their high quality. Kit includes everything that you will need and even more, at it is one of the few that offers not one or two, but three coils. The 4ml e-liquid capacity is very good, considering that the tank will consume e-liquid like crazy. Flexibility is great: you can use the tank with sub-ohm coils for lung vaping, you can use it for mouth to lung vaping with the 1.2 Ohm coil it uses (although it is not included it the kit) and you can use it as an RBA to build your own coils (although RBA coil is not included in the kit). I did not encounter any leaking problems at all in the one month I have been using the tank (two weeks full-time and then on and off along with reviewing other tanks as well).
The Uwell Crown Features
- Coils: The Uwell Crown includes three coils in the kit and is also compatible with a range of coils for multiple configurations: You will find a 0.25 Ohm dual coil pre-installed. With the kit, you will also get a 0.5 Ohm dual coil and a 0.15 Ohm Ni200 Nickel coil for use with temperature control. If you prefer mouth-to-lung vaping, you can buy separately single 1.2 Ohm coils and RBA coils if you prefer building your own coils. The innovation with these coils is that they are not Kanthal but made from Stainless Steel Grade 316 to offer the best flavour and quality. Along with organic cotton for wicking in an extremely dense built, the Crown coils will last for more than three weeks.
- Tank Capacity: The Uwell Crown features a very good e-liquid capacity of 4ml, which is more than imperative considering the high rates at which e-liquid is consumed when using sub-ohm tanks. Its capacity is better than some of its rival products at the time of release, such as the Aspire Atlantis 2 (3ml capacity), however, it is lesser than that of the Kanger Mini (4.5ml) or the Smok Tfv8.
- E-liquid filling: Another innovative point which we have rarely encountered is that you can fill the Crown with e-liquid both from the top and bottom. The knurled top cap is very easy to remove.
- Great airflow control ring with two slots which operates easily (compared to other tanks) by turning it to adjust to your preferred airflow. It is so well constructed that you could accidentally move it, however, it locks nicely in the lock position of your choice.
- Sturdy structure with each part of the Stainless Steel structure being clearly thick and well-built to withstand wear and tear
- Quartz glass tank: it is a fused quartz glass which differs from other glasses in that it does not contain any other ingredients which are added to glass to lower the melt temperature and as a result, it has high-working and melting temperatures.
The Uwell Crown Kit
When you receive the package, you won’t be overly excited by its looks. Not bad, but nothing special as well. I could possibly say that the transparent box is a basic one, but thankfully, this is the least that plays a role compared to the big performance you will get from this tank. The box is surrounded by a yellow tape which has a few pictures on it, one of them showing a fork and knife and the other one showing a cooking pot, which is kind of weird to my opinion, but I believe the pictures are there to show that the tank is made from the same durable, hardworking stainless steel as the one that would be used in cooking equipment which is particularly essential in higher temperatures.
The tank has a diameter of 22mm and therefore will sit well on most box mods, however, it will look and feel better in heavier and sturdier devices due to its sturdy and solid construction.
The Uwell Crown kit includes
- (1) Uwell Crown Stainless Steel Tank
- (1) Widebore drip tip
- (1) 0.25 Ohm Dual Stainless Steel Coil (pre-installed)
- (1) 0.5 Ohm Dual Stainless Steel Coil
- (1) 0.15 Ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Coil (for use in temperature control mode only)
- (1) Replacement quartz glass tube
- (1) Extra Pack of O’rings
- (1) Product Verification Authenticity Code
- (1) User Manual
The tank is available in iridescent black, rose gold or stainless steel colour.
The Crown Specifications
- Tank e-liquid capacity: 4 ml
- Tank diameter: 22mm (base), 24mm (airflow control)
- Tank made of stainless steel and quartz glass
- Top and bottom filling
- Easy to remove knurled top cap
- Adjustable airflow with knurled locking ring
- Coils made of Stainless Steel (SUS 316) or Nickel
- Wattage Range: 30-80W (0.5 Ohm coil), 80-120W (0.25 Ohm coil), 10-30W (1.2 Ohm Single coil)
- Temperature Range: 400°F – 600°F (0.15 Ohm Ni200 coil)
- Wicking material made of 100% organic Japanese cotton
- Widebore drip tip
- RBA available, coil sold separately
- Also compatible with Single 1.2 Ohm coil
The flavour and vapour in this tank is amazing. It takes a while to break in, as I used about half tank of e-liquid but after this all the flavour potential started being released. I found it particularly important to prime my coils, I would suggest at least for 20 minutes, but I left them overnight to let them saturate. Our configuration was the Uwell Crown tank on top of an Eleaf IStick TC100W. On our mod, the best performance was from the 0.5 Ohm coil, but if you are using a mod which supports higher wattages, you should most possibly get the best results from the 0.25 Ohm coil.
Starting with an 80/20 e-liquid and the pre-installed 0.25 Ohm coil, which all the Ecigtopia Team and I have tested, we were amazed with the huge vaping clouds that overfilled the room. This one can perform up to 120W and is even great at about 60Watts, flavour is there and clouds are good without being overbearing. But we all concluded that we like its performance best at about 70-85 Watts. After that point, drip tip starts getting hot (although you can substitute it with a Delrin one). I would also prefer a bit airier vape. However, up to 100W flavour is still sharp but smooth. This little tank is also a very thirsty one. It is particularly important to prime the coils correctly, if you do so every time, you should expect that the 0.25 Ohm coil will last for about three weeks. The 0.15 Ohm coil lasts even longer than a month. They are the most thirsty as well. However, they produce a really smooth flavour.
From the coils included in the kit, we preferred the one with 0.5 Ohm. Running it between 45-55 Watts was our sweet spot. The coil performance was consistent with no dry hits whatsoever. Taste is heavenly; the Crown lets all the flavours of your e-liquid come through. The 0.5 Ohm coil performs up to 80Watts and ultimately, the setting you will run it at, depends on personal preferences. For example, after 65-70 Watts flavour still remains amazing but vapour gets quite warm. We did not encounter any leaks, the Crown is perfect at handling high VGs.
- Enables a wide range of wattage from 10-120 Watts
- Due to the wide range of wattage, the introduction of the 1.8Ohm coil and the RBA platform, it is suitable for intermediate and experienced users
- Sufficient e-liquid capacity of 4ml
- Compatible with a range of coils
- Coil longevity is one of the most impressive in the market
- Flavour crowns the Crown tank as one of the best in the market
- Very well built, sturdy construction (quartz glass and stainless steel thickness)
- Top and bottom filling system
- Very convenient to use airflow control ring
- Replacement quartz glass tube included
- No problems such as leaking encountered
- Have dropped a couple of times and the tank did not crack (but be careful because dropping a few times will definitely shorten the tank lifespan).
- No RBA coil included
- 1.2 Ohm coil has to be bought separately
- Very ‘thirsty’ tank in terms of e-liquid consumption
- Drip tip gets very hot in higher wattages or when chain vaping, but you can substitute it with a Delrin one.
It is amazing how this solid piece costs a fraction of the price, compared to other tanks and yet it is such a high performer. You can follow the relative links below and buy the Uwell Crown sub ohm tank for U.S. and U.K. customers.
There is so much to say when it comes to the performance of this solid, consistent tank. It is possibly one of the best performers around with only a few tiny cons. We were more than happy with the performance of our Uwell Crown tank, one of the best parts is that we did not encounter any problems such as leaking, a definitely spoiler which we have often encountered with other tanks. It often has to do with quality control, but in our case the Uwell Crown proved to be a very well constructed tank.
The coils offered either with the kit or separately will give you a wide range of options regarding the power output, so you can control settings to your preferences. Because of this, the Crown tank is suitable for intermediate and advanced users, however, you could also use it with the 1.2 Ohm or 0.5 Ohm coil even if you are a relatively new user with a bit of experience.
The tank is a breeze to use. Filling with e-liquid could not have been easier, as there is ample space to do so. Airflow control is good and the ring particularly, clicks very well into place. The Crown lets all the right flavours be released, when used with proper coil priming and with proper settings. The highlight is the price of the tank. This is one of the few cases where we could have even been prepared to pay a bit more for this great performer.